Thursday, November 17, 2011

Mommy therapy

It's been months since my last entry.  A friend reminded me recently the therapeutic benefits of writing.  It's half therapy and half my responsibility to document our lives with this amazing kiddo.  I want recently diagnosed parents to see a happy and strong kid that happens to have PWS.  I want us to remember how skinny he was and how far we've come in 12 months.  All of a sudden my tiny little baby is a full on kid.  That's why I need to write.

It's strange but I get excited to learn about a new PWS family.  Now don't get me wrong, I pray for a cure and that no child ever experience PWS.  But since we're not there, I like helping families through the haze of the first months.  Maybe it's a pay if forward thing?  I was lucky to have great people help along the way when we were so green to this crazy syndrome.  Perhaps helping is like writing and becomes a therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment