Friday, March 18, 2011

The Baby Whisperer

Last Sunday we started our pilgrimage to Shands to visit the infamous Dr. Miller.  After flight delays and a screaming baby - yes screaming.  For those of you who don't know Joe, he's a quiet kid.  Actually most PWS kiddos are quiet up until 6 months or so.  Well, he decided to have his first fit on the plane and I was that person.  Guess I've made one too many comments about screaming babies on planes in my past.

Our appointment was scheduled for 12 noon.  Dr. Miller was running around the clinic tending to patients and asked if we'd be willing to stay a bit later, she wanted to spend a couple hours with us.  Hours, I couldn't believe it. She was/is amazing.  Answered all our questions, gave us the hope we've been searching for and tweaked his meds/supplements. Said we'd better start saving for college because most of her patient attend.

She is genuinely a kind person and I feel lucky to have her apart of Joe's life.  That night we got to the hotel and guess what - he rolled over for the first time!  I tell ya, this woman is a miracle worker.

We're scheduled to see her in 6 months.  Maybe he'll start crawling :)

2 comments:

  1. I felt the same way after we saw her for the first time. She was the first person to make me feel like life was going to be ok for Olivia after all. Somehow talking to her normalized everything for us, as best as it could be anyway. I was shocked she spent so much time with us! I know why people travel from around the world to see her. She even has her own fan page started by one of her patients on facebook.

    Your sweet baby is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amber, me Janis, Audrianna's mom. Was so encouraging to read about your trip to Shands.

    ReplyDelete